After Walsrode now Moelln has started as well and we have to say: the kids are having lots of fun and our Anti Corona plans are really working out! Everyone is in small groups and is still enjoying the nature and all the activities,
As not everything can run smooth a construction company thought it is really funny to destroy the telephone and internet line to our office. So since yesterday we cannot be reached by phone. Hopefully this afternoon everything will be working again. So dont worry we are still there - we might need some time with our answer though :-)
Finally we know what happens - at least if everything stays the same. YES WE CAMP! We will be opening up Walsrode, Mölln, Hachen and Regen. Regen the adventure camp will be moved up to Regen Sport + Language Camp for July and the plan is to open both locations in Regen on the 26.7.. . All Camps outside of Germany will be cancelled - participants will receive an Email with all the information this week. We have options for you already reserved so dont worry!
We ask you to wait till you receive an email from us if you signed up already till you do the last payment as some camps there will be a surcharge due to changed capacities and more staff. You can find all the information here in German FAQ_Corona_2.pdf the English Version will be uploaded soon.
Mainly we will have all activities available but it will be preassigned to the small groups that we will form. Participants from risk areas according to the RKI will not be able to join.
If you still want to join in please just click on "Booking" where you can find the availabilities. The camps will be different - but still amazing :). We can not wait to see you all back!
Today we have got some great news to share with you. We are so excited as we are actually allowed to open the first camps!
Following information apply to all of our camps but of course they are still subject to the current developments.
· To minimize the risk of an outbreak of the virus at one of our camps we will form small cohorts on site. Within those easily manageable small groups we probably won’t have to maintain the minimum distance of 1.5 m any longer but for sure we will still need to keep the distance towards other groups on site. This information is based on a paper which was just released by the state chancellery of North Rhine-Westphalia, one of the biggest counties in Germany. The exact size of those cohorts will depend on respective national regulations. If other federal states follow the example of North Rhine-Westphalia we are looking at cohorts of 10 to 15 children. This would also almost mean that we should be able to run our activities without any major restrictions within our small cohorts. However, despite those easings you can be assured that we are still cautious and that we will avoid all unnecessary contacts between the campers.
· Of course, we will also adhere the maximum tent/room capacities allowed by the local authorities. Those are expected to be in the region of 50% – 80%.
· Naturally, we cannot accept participants coming from countries/places considered as risk areas at the time of the scheduled arrival. The same applies to children currently suffering from Covid-19 and children who are in quarantine. We must also ask you to refrain from sending your children to camp in case they have developed symptoms that could indicate a possible infection with the Corona virus over the last 14 days before arrival at camp. This could be a high temperature, a sore throat or a cough. As an additional precaution, we will perform a medical check upon arrival and take the temperature of all students.
· Moreover, our risk assessments and hygiene plans are adapted on a daily basis in accordance to the latest legal requirements. In addition Camp Adventure has been certified by EPICERT and all staff have attended a special training to prevent epidemics.
· If, despite all precautions there is a suspected case on site, the affected cohort will be tested immediately and isolated until the results are available. In case the results are positive, unfortunately all children being part of this cohort need to be picked up by theirs parents right away. Of course, we take good care of all participants until the parents arrive at camp.
From now on we will take basic decisions about every single camp 4 weeks prior to the start of your trip. Those specific decisions will be communicated by email directly to all registered participants. If your camp starts later in summer, we kindly ask you to be patient and to wait until the 4-week deadline is reached. As directives are still being changed it just makes little sense to take decisions at an earlier stage. This way we just hope to give you a little more security in terms of planning (with slight reservations of course as we all learned that there is simply no 100% certainty at the moment). Should we still have to cancel a trip short notice, we will always try to offer you alternative camps.
Our team is already swirling around and very excited to welcoming you very soon. We have created some great new activities for you, which can be carried out in a safe way but that are still guaranteed to offer just as much fun – taking place in a perfect surrounding, well shielded from the outside world. We are looking forward to seeing you all very soon and to enjoy great evenings together at the camp fire!
Your Camp Adventure Team
We are please to announce that we are holding a certificate EPICERT. EPICERT is established to integrate feasible systems to prevent the spreading of the pandemia. We will keep you updated as soon as we have more information.
For the camps we are still very positive that they are happening and are waiting for the new regulations. Only our camp in Ireland had to be cancelled.
Wow, we can probably open at the end of May, at least in Germany, and are really looking forward to it. Please have a little patience, as we see what exactly this means for our summer camps. We expect the guidelines in the coming week and then we'll plan right away. If there is a capacity limit, all those who are booked in by then will have priority on the places - so don't worry, you'll definitely get the information first! Even if you book now: you don't have to pay a deposit and there is no risk!
Dear friends of Camp Adventure,
We have always been aware of the fact that we are blessed with great families as customers and a fantastic team that stands behind us in good times and bad. And this special commitment is exactly what we are now experiencing every single day.
Over the past weeks we have received so much encouragement from your side, we have read so many moving emails and experienced an incredible solidarity – we are just overwhelmed and want to thank you for such a massive support!
But where do we go from here? It is a fact that we had to cancel our Easter Camps due to official regulations and of course for the protection of the population. It is also confirmed that there won’t be any school trips and most likely, no other group travel until the beginning of the summer holidays. Nobody can currently predict what the summer will look like. But you know what, we remain optimistic and simply hope that we will be able to reopen very soon. Maybe with a smaller number of children, medical checks upon arrival or other sensible measures. But we just can’t imagine a summer without you!
Unfortunately, there have been cancellations and there might be some more but whenever you decide to accept our offer to rebook your travels or to convert payments already made into vouchers it’s that fresh breeze that keeps us going. We are thrilled how many of those who unfortunately had to do without an Easter camp already chose one of those options despite the fact that there are quite a few families out there who have to worry about their own professional and financial situation. We highly appreciate your support – you are just amazing!
We will definitely survive this difficult time by using our financial reserves and thanks to economic aid and fresh loans. And we will emerge from the crisis stronger than before, also due to your encouragement and because we all know how important summer camps are for the wellbeing of our children. Not only as recreation areas without any web conferences and as retreats from the general digital overload we are currently exposed to, but also as places where social contact, a sense of community and nature are central and where people can regain a certain strength after such a stressful and tiring crisis.
And last but not least we know how important it is for you as parents to be able to take a well-deserved break after these exhausting and challenging weeks, knowing that your children are well looked after at camp.
In case you would like to continue helping us, please tell other families about your camp experiences by using social media; just post some funny pictures or write a nice review. In the meantime, we're continuing to prepare our camps and train our international team so that we are ready for summer because one thing is for sure: Giving up is not an option. Stay healthy and think positive. This crisis will also end at some point – hopefully very soon!
Your Camp Adventure Team
Regardless of which country or culture a child, teen or staff member comes from – they should all feel comfortable together and experience a unique and unforgettable time at camp.
Camp Adventure was founded by Jan Vieth in 2002, and since then, has been connecting the positive aspects of German holiday camps and Canadian summer camps to provide outstanding and unique adventure and sport holiday experiences for kids and teenagers from all over the globe. Since 2015 we offer outdoor experiantial School Trips in our own Camp Adventure Academy in Walsrode, North Germany.
Camp Adventure specializes in outdoor programs and activities renowned for incorporating an adventurous flair with nature awareness, teamwork and building self-esteem. As an expert provider of adventure camps, we also offer consulting for hotels, resorts and outdoor leisure businesses interested in program design and development.
Every year our team is made up of an international mix. The non-profit association Camp Europe e.V. with headquarters in Hamburg and a branch office in Canada takes care of the acquisition of national and international applicants. Since we have about 50% German-speaking children, there are also German carers in every location. But many also come from other countries, such as England, Spain, Canada and Australia, to name just a few.
from 30 different countries
We are not a huge company or a group of companies - we are a family business. Our founder, Jan Vieth, knows all team members personally and trains them together with our coaching team. We have approx. 150 team members from approx. 30 different nations in action per year, who are on average on duty for 4 weeks in our camps. Our international office team consists of 15 employees who work in Canada, Spain and Germany. Every year we have participants from more than 60! different nations and our recomer rate of over 70% also speaks for itself.
We attach great importance to consider each child as an individual and therefore do not make mass camps with 1000 participants. We are also no "booze party beach" youth tour operator. All forms of violence and drugs - including alcohol and cigarettes - are excluded for all participants, regardless of age.
We love Camp
participants from more than 70 countries
feel the real nature in the best surroundings
make friends from all over the world
leave your comfort zone, challenge yourself